1. How can I book a ticket?
If you wish to travel with our vessels, you can purchase your ticket:
- from any of the 700 travel agencies which are associated with Hellenic Seaways all over Greece.
- Through our company's call center or the interactive voice response system (IVR), with the use of your credit card, just by calling +30 210 4199000.
- Through our website: www.hsw.gr
- At our central offices in Piraeus, 6 Astiggos St., Karaiskaki Square, across gate E7.
- Through the Hellenic Seaways Mobile Application available on Google Play and the App Store.
2. How can I receive the ticket?
If you have purchased your tickets through our company's website, you can either print them at home or store them on your mobile device. You are ready to board!
If you have purchased your ticket through our company's call center, you can receive your tickets in the following ways:
- Through our web check-in site where you can check-in electronically and print or store your ticket on your mobile device. For more information on web check-in please click here.
- From our company ticket booking offices in Piraeus at least 45 minutes prior to departure.
- From our central offices in Piraeus 6 Astiggos St., Karaiskaki Square.
- From our port agents in Greece.
3. The plans have changed, what will happen with the tickets?
To change your ticket you can contact us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone on +30 210 4199000 or when in Greece in person at one of our central port agencies. Also, you can change the tickets into Open Dated tickets and use them for another trip.
Please have in mind the below dates / hours:
From 5/4/2018 to 10/4/2018, from 25/5/2018 to 28/5/2018 and from 29/6/2018 to 2/9/2018.
- Up to 6 hours before departure, for the high-speed vessels HSP4 - HSP7 - FC3 - FC4 - HELLENIC HIGHSPEED.
- Up to 4 hours before departure, for the conventional ships to Cyclades and N.E. Aegean.
- Up to 2 hours before departure, for the itineraries to Sporades islands.
- Up to 4 hours before departure, for the itineraries to Saronic islands. The tickets’ conversion for the high-speed vessels of the itinerary Piraeus - Aegina - Agistri - Piraeus, can be done before departure.
Periods not specified above
- Up to 2 hours before departure, for the high-speed vessels HS4 - HS7 - FC3 - FC4 - HELLENIC HIGHSPEED (every Friday - Saturday - Sunday).
- Before departure, for the conventional ships to Cyclades and N.E. Aegean.
- Before departure, for the itineraries to the Sporades and Saronic islands.
- Up to 14 days before departure date: 100% refund on tickets value.
- Up to 7 days before departure date: 75% refund on tickets value.
- Up to 12 hours before departure date: 50% refund on tickets value.
- Cancellations made in less than 12 hours before departure are not entitled to a refund.
The Open Date tickets can be replaced by a new ticket, of the same or higher value, by paying the difference, depending on availability for the same or a different route. For this new ticket all the above cancelation terms are not valid and any difference in price is not refunded. Please note that the new ticket cannot be issued with any discount if the initial ticket did not have a discount and vehicle tickets cannot be replaced by passenger tickets and vice versa. Open tickets are valid until the end of the calendar year that the initial ticket had been issued for.
Please note that changes on routes might occur. For the most updated information please call +30 210 4199000.
4. Boarding time!
For your holidays to begin from the moment you come on board, we advise that you arrive at the departure gate:
- at least 1.5 hours prior to departure if you are travelling with a vehicle
- at least 1 hour prior to departure if you are travelling without a vehicle
- Our crew is always at your service to assist you in locating your cabin or seat.
If you are departing from Piraeus Port, follow the road signs to the Gate corresponding to your destination. For your convenience, the Gates serving HELLENIC SEAWAYS itineraries are:
- Chios, Mytilini (Nissos Rodos) Ε2
- Syros, Mykonos, Ikaria, Fournoi, Samos, Chios, Mytilini, Limnos, Kavala (Nissos Chios) Ε7
- Saronic Islands E8
5. Did you lose your ticket? Now what?
In the case where you have lost your ticket, you must purchase a new one in order to travel. You must then provide us a written statement regarding the loss by email or fax mentioning the date of the trip, the destination and the number of the lost ticket, as well as a photocopy of the new ticket and the ticket number.
As long as our company's files show that the lost ticket has not been used within one (1) month from the date of the application's submission, then our company will grant you with a free ticket equivalent to the value of the one lost.
6. Why isn't the vessel departing?
Hellenic Seaways is not responsible for any delays, changes or cancellation of itineraries which may have been caused due to bad weather or orders coming from the Ministry of Mercantile Marine. Your safety is our top priority.
7. Are you entitled to a discount?
Our company offers special discounts to certain passenger categories (eg. children). If you belong to any of these categories and you purchased a ticket at a discounted price, it is very important to remember to have all the required documents with you in order to show them during the ticket inspection which takes place on board.
Click here to learn more about our special discounts.
8. For people with special needs
The entire Hellenic Seaways fleet is equipped with ramps, elevators and specially modified WC and cabins in order to facilitate passengers with a disability.
In order to best service those passengers during their embarkation and disembarkation, it would be better to:
- Inform the Hellenic Seaways employee when you make your reservation about any special requirements.
- Board one and half hours before departure.
According to legislation, pets are forbidden in the interior of the vessels. They can of course travel:
- On the outside deck under your personal supervision.
- In the specially designated kennels, which are located on all our vessels' decks.
You should also carry with you the health documents of your pet. Dogs should be muzzled at all times.
In the event a fellow passenger objects to the presence of your pet, the company is obligated to place you and your pet on an exterior deck of the ship.
10. Safekeeping of valuable personal items
We suggest that you hand your money and/or valuable items to the vessel's Purser's Office for safekeeping. The company is not responsible for the damage or the loss of luggages or personal items as long as you have undertaken the sole responsibility of their safekeeping.