Passengers and vehicles should be at the departure point at least one hour before departure.
Purchase of passenger tickets and vehicle transport receipts
Purchase of passenger tickets and vehicle transport receipts may be conducted in the following ways:
- through the Company voice gateway or PBX
- through this web site www.hellenicseaways.gr
- from our Company headquarters in Piraeus, 6, Astingos Street, Karaiskaki Square
- from all tourist offices and travel agents or shipping agencies co-operating with us
Each passenger ticket is individual, not transferable and is only valid for the class and the itinerary for which it was issued. Changes are made only by the agency / tour agency that issued the ticket, the Company Ticket Central Box Office in Piraeus, 6, Astingos Street, Karaiskaki Square and the Company Ticket Desks at the ports’ piers.
Open tickets are only available for Company vessels operating in the Saronic Gulf lines. Passengers holding such tickets must ensure their places in time, especially during peak passenger traffic periods.
Tickets purchased by phone or via the Company's website on the Internet are received by:
- The Company Ticket Desks at the ports’ piers
- Shipping agencies or the Company Ticket Central Box Office in Piraeus, 6, Astingos Street, Karaiskaki Square
Cancellations of passengers' tickets
- Up to 14 days before departure time: 100% refund of the fare
- Up to 7 days before departure time: 75% refund of the fare
- Up to 12 hours before departure time: 50% refund of the fare
For cancellations made in less than 12 hours before departure time fare CANNOT be refunded.
Tickets can only be cancelled by the issuing agency.
Tickets’ Phone cancellations are NOT allowed.
Passengers wishing to cancel their tickets must present them to the issuing agency.
Cancellations of tickets purchased from a distance (website or call centre)
Passenger and vehicle tickets purchased through the website of Hellenic Seaways or through the call centre may be cancelled in accordance with these cancellation terms, in the following ways:
- For tickets NOT YET received, passengers may request cancellation by phone at +30 210 4199000 or by email at email@example.com, or via fax on +30 2104117900, stating all details of the booking as well as complete contact information (phone, e-mail, fax).
- For tickets received, passengers will have to present them to the Company headquarters in Piraeus, 6, Astingos Street, Karaiskaki Square, or at the local central offices of the Company in ports of call.
Changes of passenger tickets
Tickets can be converted into Open-Date tickets to be used in a next trip, if requested by the passenger, as follows:
From 5/4/2018 to 10/4/2018 (Easter), from 25/5/2018 to 28/5/2018 (Monday of Holly Spirit) and from 29/6/2018 to 2/9/2018 (Summer).
- Up to 6 hours before departure, for the high-speed vessels HSP4 - FC4 - HELLENIC HIGHSPEED.
- Up to 4 hours before departure, for the conventional ships to Cyclades and N.E. Aegean.
- Up to 2 hours before departure, for the itineraries to Sporades islands.
- Up to 4 hours before departure, for the itineraries to Saronic islands. The tickets’ conversion for the high-speed vessels of the itinerary Piraeus - Aegina - Agistri - Piraeus, can be done before departure. Specifically for the itineraries to Saronic islands, the summer high season runs from 29/05/2018 to 10/09/2018.
From 01/04/2018 to 04/04/2018, from 11/04/2018 to 24/05/2018, from 11/09/2018 to 31/10/2018.
Up to 1 hour before departure, for the itineraries to Saronic islands.
Periods not specified above.
- Up to 2 hours before departure, for the high-speed vessels HS4 - FC4 - HELLENIC HIGHSPEED (every Friday - Saturday - Sunday).
- Before departure, for the conventional ships to Cyclades and N.E. Aegean.
- Before departure, for the itineraries to the Sporades and Saronic islands.
Open-Date are replaced with new tickets of equal or greater value by paying the difference in fare, if seats are available for the same or another trip. For this new ticket the above cancellation terms are not valid; any fare difference from the original is not returned. Naturally, the new ticket may not be of discount if the older was not, and a vehicle ticket is not replaced with a passenger ticket or vice versa. Open tickets are valid (can be replaced with a new ticket) up to the end of the year of issue of the original ticket.
In case of ticket loss, a new one should be purchased. Then, you have to specify in writing the loss, stating the date, the itinerary and the number of lost ticket, as well as the new ticket number and a photocopy thereof. If, after checking the records of the company, it is revealed that the lost ticket has not travelled or been replaced within one (1) month of the journey, the passenger is entitled to a free ticket of equal value with the lost.
The company is not responsible for any delay in sailing, deviation and non-compliance to the normal route due to adverse weather conditions or orders of ministry of Mercantile Marine and Port Authorities, or due to force majeure and taking place to ensure the safety of passengers. In cases where the planned itinerary is not carried out by the fault of the Company or for reasons of force majeure (e.g. prohibition of departure due to weather conditions), the entire value of the ticket is returned to the passenger. Schedules are subject to changes communicated through this site www.hsw.gr.
According to EU Directive 98/41/EC, a registry listing all passengers on each route is mandatory for safety reasons. For the purposes of registration, tickets are issued by NAME and state in any case:
- The passenger's full name
- Gender: male / female
- Age: adult / child / infant
During electronic booking or ticket issue, passengers are obliged to provide accurate details of their identity, contact telephone number and email address, for the sole purpose of being informed by the carrier in case of delay or cancellation of the itinerary. If the passenger is not willing to disclose contact information, this shall be recorded in writing on the ticket. In case of electronic booking, passengers complete contact details on the relevant fields available .
Passengers should also check at ticket issue the correctness of the data shown on the ticket (date, time, route, ship, identity, etc.) and not receive them in case of improper entry.
When issuing tickets, individuals needing SPECIAL CARE should be reported to the agency or ticket company.
Fares / Discounts
The ticket price (freight) includes the transfer of the passenger at the port of destination, at the class type chosen by the passenger and appearing on the ticket, as well as any additional legal charges thereon (taxes, port fees, etc.). Meals or snacks are not included in the ticket price.
The price of vehicle transport receipt (freight) includes the transport of a vehicle at the port of destination and any additional legal charges thereon (taxes, port fees, etc.).
Discounts are not cumulative. If more than one discount cases are in force, only the bigger discount applies.
Passengers entitled to discount must declare so at the time of reservation and present all justifying documents both when issuing the corresponding discount tickets and on boarding the vessel. After ticket issuance, no fare difference is refunded.
The Company grants discounts to passengers in accordance with its commercial policy. Indicatively, we clarify the following:
- Infants and toddlers up to five (5) years travel free in C class (deck) seats of conventional ships of the Company and in all seats, regardless of class, on the high speed vessels of the Company. In any other seat class (e.g. cabins) in conventional ships, they are entitled to 50% discount on the fare.
- Children from five (5) to ten (10) years shall be entitled to 50% discount on the fare on all Company vessels, both conventional and high speed, regardless of seat class.
- Eligible for student discount on the fare are only students of Greek Universities or Greek Technical Universities.
- For transport of passenger groups, coaches, baggage trailers and weight trailers, specific agreements with the Company will apply per case.
Safety Regulations on Board
It is strictly forbidden to carry firearms, explosives and other hazardous substances or materials at sea.
Passengers are not allowed to remain during the journey in any open area of the Company high speed vessels, in accordance with safety regulations.
Smoking is prohibited in all indoor areas of the vessel. For reasons of navigation safety and protection of the environment, please do not throw lit cigarettes outdoors of the vessel or in the sea.
Baggage - Valuables & Money
During the trip, luggage may remain inside vehicles. In any case, however, and given that access is denied to the garage of the vessel during the voyage, passengers should bring with them any personal items they may need during the trip.
Money, securities and other valuables can be handed over for safekeeping at the Accounting Office of the vessel. The vessel or the Company are not responsible for any theft or loss of money, securities or other valuable objects inside the vessel, if they have not been assigned to guard them, as described.
Vessels of the Company have special places for pets. For sanitary reasons, pets are not allowed to stay in other parts of the Vessel (indicatively, bars, restaurants, indoors). If they are moving around (always on a leash and escort), they should wear a muzzle. Passengers travelling with a pet should always carry an updated health bulletin and are responsible for their care, safety and hygiene. Unaccompanied pets are not accepted.
Passengers must comply with all safety regulations during boarding, disembarking and navigation and public order rules within the Vessel; also, they should observe the rules of hygiene. In addition, they must comply with any order or advice by crew members during the voyage and address the appropriate crew members in case of a problem.
To pose any questions or comments, passengers may contact the Customer Service Department of the Company at: 6, Astingos Street, Karaiskaki Square, P.C. 185 31, Piraeus or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or at phone number +30 210 4199000.
Euro is the official currency on board.